Suffolk Skin Care
Suffolk's Micro-needling Specialist
by Chloe- Jeanette Aesthetics
IS DERMAPEN FOR ME? AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ...
Dermapen micro-needling is a minimally invasive treatment and therefore is considered suitable for most people, providing they are in good general health. However, individuals on acne medication should consult with their GP to check the treatment is suitable for them. Pregnant women are similarly advised not to receive dermapen treatment.
Dermapen micro-needling has no severe side effects and is therefore suitable for individuals who wish to maintain their busy lifestyle. After the treatment, some redness will occur and it is recommended to avoid direct sunlight for a week and wearing suncream is advised. After three days any redness should fade
What are other benifits to Dermapen?
Aside from its anti-aging and scar reducing benefits, dermapen micro-needling has many other benefits including:
• Minimizing enlarged pores
• Tightening the skin
• Treating hair loss problems such as alopecia
• Helps the skin to absorb products more efficiently, ensuring the most benefits can be received from skin care products
Willl dermapen micro-needeling hurt?
The pen feels like a cat scratch sensation that can be uncomfortable, However we can apply
topical anaesthetic administered prior to treatment, usually 30 minutes before, to ensure the treatment is painless. A numbing cream may also be used if a patient has particularly sensitive skin.
How many times will the pen puncture my skin?
The dermapen is able to create 1,300 micro punctures per second, this number of punctures stimulates the skin to produce collagen and elastin without compromising normal skin functions.
How should I prepare for the treatment?
Drinking lots of water and trying to eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables in the week before your treatment will help prepare your skin for the treatment. Maintaining a good skin care routine is also advisable with vitamin A skin care products before and after. It is recommended you exfoliate your skin 2-3 days before your treatment. Also taking vitamin C supplements helps the skin in the healing process.
How is a dermapen different from a dermaroller?
How many dermapen treatments be required?
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved with one treatment, however, for more extensive problems such as acne scarring, multiple treatments may be required.
WHAT IS MICRO-NEEDLING?
At Suffolk Skin Care we preform our micro-needling treatments with the Dermapen micro-needling device and vitamin A rich products. With14 years in the Beauty and Aesthetic industry , 7 years with the device alone.
Dermapen micro-needling uses a small dermatology treatment device (the dermapen), for a micro-needling procedure which has the capability to effectively address skin problems such as ageing, fine lines, stretch marks and acne scars.
The dermapen derives its name from the word ‘dermatology’ and a ‘pen’, which it resembles in appearance. The dermapen micro-needling treatment is able to achieve skin which is tighter, brighter and refreshed. Dermapen is now favoured by cosmetic experts around the world, after having proved its efficiency and effectiveness, as well as flexibility in how it is used.
WHAT IS DERMAPEN USED FOR?
Dermapen micro-needling is most commonly used on the face to reduce Acne Scars, Pigmentation, Rosacea, Fine lines and Wrinkles but can also be used to treat skin problems such as stretch marks, burns and scars on different areas of the body. Let’s take a look at some of the possible reasons to get a dermapen treatment:
• To reduce the appearance of a scar: After the skin heals a wound and forms a scar, the body acts as though the area has been returned to normal. Dermapen micro-needling can puncture the scar tissue and stimulate the skin to replace the damaged skin with new, unscarred skin.
• To reduce the appearance of stretch marks: Like scarring, the body does not treat stretch marks as something that needs to be healed. Dermapen micro-needling over stretch marks can initiate healing and promote the growth of new skin.
• To minimise fine lines and wrinkles: The elastin and collagen induction, caused by wounding the skin with a dermapen causes skin to tighten and thicken, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dermapen micro-needling can, therefore, be considered an anti-aging treatment.
"The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection"